Shanghai Metal Corporation is a Optical Fiber Composite Overhead Ground Wire/OPGW Cable supplier and manufacturer.
OPGW cable is suit for installation on new power lines with double function of ground wire and communication, especially for installation on normal voltage and extra high voltage power lines. OPGW can replace conventional ground wire of old power lines with increasing fiber communications function.
OPGW cables conduct short circuit current and provide lighting resistance.
OPGW cables are usually two structures. The central tube OPGW cable can obtain maximum optical fiber excess length in a smallest steel tube. The diameter of stainless steel tube is bigger than that of ACSR wire and aluminum alloy wire. The stainless steel tube is placed in the center of the stranded structure of the OPGW cable. Stranded OPGW cable can obtain secondary excess length; the diameter of stainless steel tube is consistent with diameter of aluminum alloy wire.
If you want to know more about our EPC products or Optical Fiber Composite Overhead Ground Wire/OPGW Cable price please feel free to contact us,we will reply you within 24 hours.
1. Up to 144 fibers
2. Cable diameter and weight approximate with another ground wire. Less additional load to tower, high tensile strength.
3. Excellent stainless steel tube stranding technology make the fibers have good secondary excess length and allow the fibers free movement in the tube. Which keeps the fiber stress-free while the cable is subjected to longitudinal stress.
4. Optical fibers are protected by stainless steel tubes.
5. Excellent security, good bullet resist performance.
6. ACSW, AAW and SST stranded design provide wide range combination of electrical conductivity and mechanical tensile strength.
Aerial, Overhead, Outdoor
There are 4 PBT loose tubes inside the aluminum tube, each PBT loose tube 12 cores, this type of OPGW cable iswidely used in South America, Africa and some old communication lines upgrading.
Technical Information of Optical Fiber Composite Overhead Ground Wire/OPGW Cable
1. Only a part of OPGW cables are listed in the table. Cables with other specifications can be inquired.
2. Cables can be supplied with a range of single mode or multimode fibers.
3. Specially designed Cable structure is available on request.
Rolled Cople for pipe